YouthBuild Providence is…
- an alternative path to high school graduation.
- a program that teaches career readiness skills.
- a challenging full-time commitment.
- a community organization serving Providence youth.
At YouthBuild Providence, young people can:
- earn a high school diploma.
- earn an Americorps award for their service hours.
- learn skills in the fields of construction, childcare, healthcare, or social justice work.
- earn college credits while attending YouthBuild by taking courses at CCRI that are designed for YouthBuild students.
- learn how to support themselves, their families, and their communities effectively.
Our mission is to provide young people with opportunities for positive life choices and experiences, and to help them become mentally and morally empowered to accept responsibility for themselves, their families and their communities.
Statement of Operation
Through an innovative project based curriculum that integrates construction training, academic courses, and personal and professional development seminars, trainees gain a relevant skill foundation on which to build a more solid future. Sustained community service endeavors provide an opportunity for individuals to take positive ownership in city neighborhoods and to recognize the vital roles they play in the prosperity of their own communities.
The program is sponsored in part by the
- U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration.
- Rhode Island Department of Education
- Providence Public Schools Department
- Rhode Island Foundation
Our Network of Organizations
YouthBuild Providence is an affiliate of YouthBuild USA, a national non-profit organization dedicated to helping low-income young people become educated, productive adults in their communities. We are one of roughly 226 YouthBuild programs, nationally.
YouthBuild Providence is supported by AmeriCorps National. All YouthBuild Providence students are considered for the awarded half time or reduced half time AmeriCorps slots.
The Providence Plan
YouthBuild Providence is a program of The Providence Plan.
Department of Labor
YouthBuild Providence is made possible through funding from the US Department of Labor, Employment & Training Administration.
The Providence Plan is an equal opportunity employer/program and auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.